Friday, September 5, 2014

Premiere Screening Reviews: The Hundred-Foot Journey ♥

Food is the most basic thing that we need in order to survive. And I love food. Ones cannot imagine how much love I have for food and food alone. hahahaha xD Thanks to Nuffnang (again, I know :p) I had the chance to attend the screening of a new movie. 


THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY 

This movie tells a story of a clash between two culture, French and Indian. And it stars Helen Mirren, Om Puri, Manish Dayal and Charlotte Le Bon :) This movie was based on a novel by Richard C. Morais, tells the story of the Kadam family, led by Papa (Om Puri) and his son Hassan (Manish Dayal), a talented and promising and cute(?) chef. The Kadams decided to move to the most unlikely location, a quaint village in the South of France to start up with an Indian Restaurant, Maison Mumbai.

This displeased Madame Mallory (Helen Mirren), the imperious widowed owner of the Michelin-starred Le Saule Plereur. And she determined to have their business shut down. As cultures clash and food flies, a heated battle escalates between the 2 establishment, Madame Mallory and Papa Kadam also embroiled in a gastronomical war for ingredients.

Meanwhile, Hassan is determined to master classical French cooking techniques, and he received much assistance from the beautiful sous chef ( Charlotte Le Bon). I must say this, Charlotte's eyes is sooooo beautiful. Maybe that's why people came up with the quote 'Eyes is the window of your soul'.

I will not tell you the entire story or else I will spoil the fun, everyone of you who are reading this! Get your tickets and experience it. I wouldn't mind paying and watch it again because it's so so good :) I love the whole movie, from the start to the end, every character is so well portrayed and I love the musics, the story line and of course the food! 

Food is memories - Hassan Kadam


Papa Kadam - A lovable and wonderful character

'I will turn the music down, but I will turn the heat up'


He looks like a bloody terrorist - Papa Kadam
(When he saw a picture of his son in the Magazine :p)


Marguerite - the beautiful and kind-hearted Sous Chef 

'Five mother sauces. You must find them in your heart. Then, bring them to your pots. That's the secret.'



One of my favorite scene here.

Madame Mallory, I would like to make you an omelette :)


Proud Papa, trying his son's cuisine at Madame Mallory's place.

'Is he as good as I think he is?' - Papa
'Better' - Madame Mallory


Another favorite scene :') 
'It's like having a almost girlfriend. Almost'


If you have not watch this or you're considering Lucy, I strongly suggest you to forget about Lucy and watch this instead. Read my reviews about Lucy here. This film has a tone that is entertaining, emotional as well as well-tuned to a generation that has much exposure to Masterchef episodes on AFC. Furthermore, Helen Mirren and Om Puri combination was beautiful :) ♥ What more to say? It is really worth watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment